Monday, April 25, 2011

Semester Duex, Blog Eleven

If you were President, how would you confront the multiple issues surrounding the Geneva Conventions that we have discussed in class over the past week?

If I was the President of the United States of America present day, and I had to confront the multiple issues surrounding the Geneva Conventions I would probably have the idea to restore America's well-known side of sticking to the rules of international affairs. The first thing I would do(or tell someone to do for me) is determine wheter Guantanamo Bay is on U.S. soil or if it's on Cuban soil. The laws of international affair probably differ depending on what country you are in, so thats a pretty big part. Then after that is figured out, , myself(or the hired person) would go through the Geneva Conventions to see what classifies one as a soldier, so we can then decide whether these prisoners are P.O.W.'s or just mere prisoners. From there you can determine how these prisoners should be treated, and also I would have them tried. And if people protested I would show the evidence of that guy from 9/11 who got tried and is imprisoned right now and other examples such as this to show the public or whoever that its happened before, and they weren't protesting then so why are they protesting now. I think there is just a mass hysteria going around because people aren't educated about things and so they just freak out, so maybe I would try to enforce something about teaching the public about the laws and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment